Email is by far the most popular business communication method, with over 2 million messages being sent every single second. Contracts, presentations and other sensitive files are routinely shared this way. However, a third of data breaches occur due to human error, like when you send something to the wrong address. The problem is once an email’s been sent, it’s pretty much gone. You lose control over the files attached and have no idea whether it’s been opened or not. This is where Tresorit’s Share Link service can help.
Share Link is a safe, end-to-end encrypted file-sharing method to share content with anyone, even people who don't have a Tresorit account. Not only is it secure but it also provides easy access for those who have received the link. Thanks to the open tracking and access revoke features, you can keep full control over the content you’ve shared.
When to use?
Share Link allows you to remain in control of your shared files. You can always revoke access to a shared document if it’s got to the wrong recipient(s). For an extra layer of protection, share the password for the document through a different channel to minimize the risk of unwanted recipients opening your files.
Replace risky email attachments
Improve security with end-to-end encrypted file sharing, password protection and tracking instead of breach-prone transfer methods.
Send large files
The size of email attachments is often strictly limited, usually around a maximum of 10MB. With Tresorit Share Link, you can easily send files up to 5GB without any extra upload time.
Set an expiration date or open limit for shared files. This comes in handy when you only want someone to access documents for a specific period or number of opens. Your links will automatically expire once they’ve reached any of the limits.
“Clients were frustrated with encrypted email, and often sent sensitive documents in plain email instead. Sharing with Tresorit is easy. People appreciate that we handle their documents securely. It sets us apart from our competitors.”Guy Applebee Partner, Alpha Independent Mortgages
How does it work?
- Select the file or folder you’d like to share and create a link, adding further governance and protection on top of end-to-end encryption, if needed.
- Share the link with your recipients through any channel you prefer. Only you and the link recipients can decrypt the documents.
- The recipients can download the files from a download page which can be tracked.
Remain in control and revoke access to a shared document, in case it gets to the wrong recipient(s). Share the password on a different channel than the link to minimize the risks.
- Expiration date: Set an expiration date for a Share Link if you don’t want your recipients to access the shared content after a certain date.
- Open limit: Set an open limit, after which the Share Link automatically becomes inaccessible. From that point on, nobody can retrieve the shared content from the download page.
- Password protection: Add passwords to your links to improve security further. When recipients open the link, they will need to enter the password you created.
- Require email verification: Make email verification mandatory for opening a shared file. When email verification is on, recipients are asked on the download page to provide their email address.
- Access logs: You can enable Access Logs for each Share Link to see the open date, email, IP address and platform used to open the links you shared.