Tresorit for Linux comes out of beta
We are happy to announce that Tresorit for Linux is now out of beta and available to all Linux fans and users. We are extremely thankful to our community of Linux enthusiasts who provided valuable feedback and helped us through the development of Tresorit’s Linux app. During the process we involved almost 100 beta testers from our Linux community.
Tresorit supports all major Linux distributions such as Ubuntu, Debian, Arch, Fedora, Gentoo, Mint, SUSE and CentOS. The feedback of our active testers proved especially useful in solving the challenge of supporting all these. To make Tresorit even better, we encourage you to continue to share your comments with us at support[at]tresorit.com!
What’s new in Tresorit for Linux since beta?
- Tresorit Drive: You can access all of your Tresorit folders and files securely in your computer’s file browser, regardless of whether it’s synced or not: an excellent way to save space on your hard drive.
- Direct File Open: You can edit your files directly in the cloud, without the hassle of having to download and then re-upload them to your device.
- Pending tab: This new feature lets you see all your pending tresor invites and unassigned user licences that you sent out to your team.
- File search: You can search in the app for tresors and files as well.
- New languages: We are rolling out Spanish, French and Hungarian versions.
- Many stability improvements to make the usage of Tresorit for Linux as smooth as other versions.
With the recent release, you and your team can securely store, access and share files using Tresorit on all the main desktop and mobile platforms including Windows, OS X, Android, iOS, Windows Phone and BlackBerry.
Truly cross-platform security and control
Tresorit’s Linux app provides the same level of security, data privacy, and ease-of-use as all the other versions:
- Zero-knowledge end-to-end encryption keeps your files ultimately secure in the cloud: no Tresorit admin, hacker or government can access your data.
- Admin and control features help you collaborate risk-free with your team so that you’re in control of the sharing process from the beginning to the very end.
- Productivity features enable you to get your work done. You can access and edit your files without having to sync or download them.
- Swiss privacy ensures your data the strongest protection: we handle your data under Swiss privacy laws to keep them ultimately private.